Considering filing for bankruptcy may have you thinking that you have failed financially and you may be teetering on the edge of making the decision to do so. Filing for bankruptcy, although it may greatly impact your credit, could be the best choice for you. If you are experiencing one or more of the scenarios listed below then give your attorney at Merritt Law Office a call to discuss your bankruptcy option today.
- You are paying everything with credit cards and only making the minimum payment each month; your debt is increasing rather than decreasing every month.
- You are living paycheck to paycheck and don’t always pay your bills on time. Sometimes you pay one bill this month and pay another next month.
- You have depleted your savings to repay your debt or you are considering cashing out your 401k to repay your debt.
- You are commonly late paying your bills each month and you only make the minimum payments.
- You have had to borrow money from family to purchase food or pay some of your bills.
- You are behind on your mortgage or rent payments; or you are on the verge of foreclosure.
- Your car is about to be repossessed.
- You frequently use payday advance companies to get cash to pay your bills or buy groceries.
- You ignore most phone calls because it is creditors calling you for payments.
- You have a significant amount of credit card debt, far more than you make annually.
Many of people meet these scenarios and there is no reason to feel ashamed if you need a financial bailout. Many big corporations have needed a bailout from the government. Sometimes, filing for bankruptcy is the only option to start over when you have more debt than you can handle.
If you are behind on payments and do not have the means to get caught back up or you are not sure if you meet the requirements for bankruptcy but think it is the best option for you then call our office today and get a free case evaluation. Your attorney at Merritt Law Office will review your financial circumstance to help you determine the best option for you.